Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tis the Season....to go crazy

Is it just me!!! I have noticed the following happens the second Thanksgiving is over and lasts until the end of the year.

1. People on the road are crazy! Thats right folks, crazy. There was a little bit of traffic the other day on 29 towards the mall and some FOOL couldn't wait it out and tried to go across the median which was basically a big ditch and naturally she got stuck. What a loser!! I mean really. So much for being in that much of a rush. Now she is going to have to sit there and wait for a tow truck. On the plus side, I was entertained while sitting in traffic!!

2. People trying to park are crazy! It took me 45 minutes to find a parking space at the mall the other day. I just couldn't believe it. I mean the economy is in crisis and whatnot! It isn't like I was at Wal-Mart!

3. Time flys like crazy! Spending all your time everyday just trying to prepare for the holidays which don't even feel like the holidays (and everyone says this every year, which leaves me to believe that when you don't feel like it feels like its the holidays, that is the true feeling you are suppose to have on the holidays....still with me). People always have these grand plans and nothing seems to ever work out because we are all so busy being busy all the time. Like baking cookies, which I say I am going to do every year. I have all the cookie supplies and yet, I never have the time to bake the cookies! My friend had a great idea the other day. Get a variety of Elf Fudge, Oreos, Nutter Butter cookies and throw them in tins to give to people as gifts. Does it count that you opened up each of the boxes and put the cookies into tins? I mean I guess you could get cookies that look homemade like from the grocery store or something, but whats the point. I mean, if you are not going to do it, you might as well not do it right!!

4. Trying to find the right gift....right! Again, since the economy sucks we can't even cop out with a gift card because who knows if that company is going to be in business next month (of course you could always get a nice gift certificate combo of McDonalds and Wal-Mart because they are not going anywhere). So now, we really have to think about what to get people....to hard....everyone gets cookies....oh right....I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE THEM!!!!

No comments: