Sunday, October 19, 2008

Max Payne Review

Max Payne, starring Mark Walberg and Mila Kunis was nothing more then a predictable, mindless action movie.

The Good Stuff:
1. The acting. Mila Kunis did an unexpectedly great job playing a Russian mob boss. Little Jackie from That 70's Show was the only character in the movie that did not get on my nerves hard core. Also, it was good to see Chris O'Donnell in a movie again, even though his character was a weepy lame-ass.

The Bad Stuff:
1. The Plot. The plot was.....MISSING. I don't know. Maybe it's because I never played the game or something, but, Wow. It seemed like the movie was made and then someone went through and cut out all the scenes that would help to make sense of what the hell was going on. I mean were the angel things flying around killing people a hallucination because of the drug or what? In the end though, I just really didn't care. The only plot line that did make any sense (Who killed his wife?), I had figured out within the first 20 minutes of the movie. Lame much!!

2. Special Effects - The action sequences and special effects were "okay". It was sort of The Punisher meets Constantine, though I would say both of those movies were WAY better then this one.

Mangy Squirrel Rating: 1 out of 5 Acorns

1 comment:

Ross7480 said...

Love your blog!
Instead of seeing Max Payne I had fondue!