Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MS's 2008 Election Coverage

Usually, when I am watching tv and there is a "special report" interruption I change the channel or find something better to do. But last night I not only found myself watching the election coverage, but I was looking forward to it! I sort of made me feel old for a minute. There is nothing more boring then politicans to young people. So, it was really amazing to see so many young people in the crowd (people who were way young then me too).

This was the first time I voted at all and I am really glad that I did. Though I can't say I believe completely that it makes a difference (I guess that is just my "lone gunmen" complex), it really did make me feel like part of something.

Okay. So, things that stood out to me at the election coverage.

1. The music that was playing. The music McCain had after he gave his concession speech sounded like the star wars death march! Maybe it was just ABC.

2. Palin's dress. It looked like a giant bruise. A $150,000 bruise. At least she kept her mouth shut though!!

3. Obama's wife's dress. Wow!! Really horrible. I guess his side really isn't spending $150,000 on her clothes!

4. Obama's speech. Was amazing!! What a great speech.

I can only hope he does bring the change everyone needs!

Now we just have to wait until 1/20 so we can watch Bush get his butt evicted from the white house...finally!!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: